Fire or smoke has damaged your property, even small fires can cause severe damage and be costly to repair. But, one call to Allphase Restoration and Construction will immediately start the process of getting your life back on track.
We deal with disasters similar to yours every day and our certified technicians are on call24/7 to respond to your needs and mitigate any further damage.
Preventing Further Damage
What you need to know about fire damage restoration?
Depending on the severity of the loss, securing property and personal safety should be of top concern.
The corrosive nature of soot caused by fire requires extreme care and expertise to ensure that all surfaces and contents are protected from further damage during the cleaning process. It is also important to protect all occupants of the home from the ash particulates.
Time is also a consideration; it is best to get electronics, metals and delicate fabrics processed as quickly as possible to limit permanent damage.
Smoke odor caused by fire can also be eliminated through special cleaning and deodorization techniques.
Fire Damage Do’s
- Do call Allphase Restoration and Construction for immediate help, and to mitigate any further damages.
- Do dry wet carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies and clothing as soon as possible to prevent mold and mildew. Hang clothing outside on a clothesline, prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying, and use fans and dehumidifiers to dry carpets and draperies.
- Do place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting to prevent rust stains.
- Do open windows for ventilation.
- Do change the furnace filter (if operating) at least once a day until the filter shows no soot. This will help keep particles from being distributed into the air.
- Do cover clean items with plastic while further repairs are being carried out in the dwelling to prevent re-soiling.
- Do empty freezer and refrigerator if the power is off.
- Do pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, sinks and tubs to prevent freezing in the winter.
- Do wash plants with water on both sides of the leaves.
Fire Damage Don’ts
- Don’t attempt to clean any household textiles unless you know the proper procedures because you can cause additional damage. Whether you hire Allphase Restoration and Construction or do it yourself, you can minimize further damage by following these guidelines.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies or other household textile items. Those cleaning actions will only smear soot into the fabric, making cleaning more difficult.
- Don’t wipe or attempt to wash walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Don’t use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided.
- Don’t use food items or canned goods that have been exposed to excessive heat.
- Don’t use TV’s, stereos, or electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Don’t send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner.
- Don’t use any canned products or materials, packaged food/beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. They may contain harmful contaminants.
Complete Fire Restoration Services Including:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response Service, within 60 minutes guaranteed
- Emergency Board-Up service to secure the property against further damage
- Debris Removal
- Damage Assessments and Estimates
- Content Assessment /Restoration /Inventory
- Structural Cleaning and Deodorization
- Complete Odor Removal
- Complete Soot and Smoke Damage Cleaning
- Repairing structural damage
- Estimating the cost to repair or renew items of personal property
- Packing, transportation, and storage of household items
- Securing appropriate cleaning or repair subcontractors
- Storing repaired items until needed
- Direct interaction with Insurance Company
Check out this article by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) – Have a Professional Handle the Process of Fire Restoration which explains why you should hire a professional fire damage clean up company and some steps in fire clean-up.
Columbus, Hilliard, Dublin, Westerville, Gahanna, Worthington, New Albany, Grove City, Whitehall, Bexley, Reynoldsburg, Powell, Upper Arlington, Pickerington, Canal Winchester, Lewis Center, Pataskala, Lancaster, Marion, Marysville, Plain City, Delaware, Ohio areas with all of their fire damage clean up and restoration.