5 Questions to Ask a Water Removal Contractor:
1. What should I do after experiencing water damage?
- Identify safety hazards. Make sure it is safe to enter the property. Turn off the electricity to eliminate shock hazards. Look for loose drywall
- Document the water damage by taking photos and videos to show the insurance company.
- Contact a water removal company as soon as possible to mitigate further damage
2. How long will the water removal process take?
Each case is different depending on the extent of the water damage and can vary dramatically depending on the amount of time the water was left sitting. It ‘s hard to estimate exactly how long the water remediation process will take because many different factors are involved.
3. Do I need to leave my home during the water remediation process?
The water removal company will be using noisy equipment during the water restoration process. There may also be unpleasant odors in the air. Depending on the extent of the water damage, it could be advisable to move out during the water damage removal process. Ultimately it is up to the homeowner whether or not they would like to stay.
4. Is the water damage dangerous?
There are three categories of water with varying levels of danger:
- Category 1 is clean water, this type of water damage does not pose a threat to people. Some examples of clean-water damage are burst pipes, a damaged toilet tank that leaks its clean water, rainwater, or melted snow.
- Category 2 is gray water, and it contains some level of contamination and may cause sickness or discomfort if consumed. Gray water damage can come from the shower and or sink drains; it can also come from an overflowed washing machine.
- Category 3 is black water which is highly contaminated and may cause serious illness or even death if consumed. A few examples of black water damage are sewage backups or rising flood water from rivers and streams.
5. What are some of the signs of hidden water damage?
There can be hidden water damage in the walls and ceilings, look for stains, soft spots, buckling, and peeling paint.
Call AllPhase Restoration for all of your water damage restoration needs; we are a water removal contractor located in Columbus, Ohio. We are licensed, bonded, and insured.