Frequently Asked Restoration Questions

  • Is AllPhase Restoration licensed?
    Yes, we are licensed, bonded and insured.
  • Will you assist me with my insurance claim?
    Yes, we offer assistance with all insurance claims. All you need to do is sign an authorization form identifying us as your selected contractor and we will start negotiating directly with the insurance company. Once we have reached a settlement, a check will be issued to you unless you indicate otherwise.
  • Can you bill my insurance company directly?
    Absolutely, in most cases the property owners will not pay for anything directly. We will work with your insurance company to approve both the scope of work and price before any work begins.
  • When does your work begin?
    Our restoration work starts as soon as the customers and insurance company are in agreement about scope and price.
  • Is your restoration service affordable?
    Absolutely! We understand the ordeal faced by our customers after disaster strikes. We will not add more difficulty by charging high service fees. The insurance industry has established prices per specific scope, so price is never an issue only scope.
  • How long will the restoration process take?
    There are many services and variables involved in the restoration process. Therefore, it is difficult to predict the exact duration of the entire process. However, we assure you that we will speed up the process to help you get back to your normal life.
  • Do I need to move out of my property during the whole process?
    Though it is entirely up to you, there are some things to be considered (mainly for your safety) such as odors, electricity and noise from equipment. Depending on the extent of the damage it may not be advisable to stay in the property during the restoration process.
  • What should I do if a grease fire occurs, and how can I prevent it?
    In the event of a grease fire, cover the flames with a metal pot or pan lid, or a cookie sheet, and turn off the heat source. Pouring baking soda or salt on the fire will also help to smother the flames. If needed and readily available, spray the fire with a fire extinguisher. Never attempt to put out a grease fire with water. Grease fires can be prevented by never leaving pots or pans unattended, heating oil slowly, avoiding food or oil splatter, and always paying close attention while cooking.
  • Can I inspect my home after a fire?
    If you want to enter your home after a fire, it’s important to take certain precautions. Depending on the scale of the fire and the severity of the damage, it’s usually best to call a professional to inspect your home and note any damage that can put you at risk. Before entering, check the outside of your home for loose power lines, broken gas lines, cracks in the foundation, and missing or damaged support beams. Never force open a jammed door, and be aware of potential hazards such as strange odors, animals, and structural damage as you navigate the area.
  • How can I tell if I have mold or mildew growth in my damaged property?
    There are several warning signs that may indicate mold or mildew is present. The most obvious is the appearance of small black spots, although mold may present itself in a variety of different colors and forms: white strands, or possible gray, green, or brown clusters. Mold and mildew also have a musty odor and can cause allergic reactions such as itchy eyes and skin, and a variety of respiratory issues. If you’re still unsure whether mold is your problem, purchase a mold test kit or call a professional to perform a mold and mildew inspection.
  • What can I keep after a sewage cleanup service?
    Anything that you can properly and effectively clean after sewage backup cleanup does not need to be thrown away. Unfortunately, this usually does not include anything that has come in contact with the backup, including carpeting, flooring, wall paneling, insulation, and baseboards. High-value items can be professionally inspected and cleaned, and items that were not in direct contact can typically be cleaned and disinfected. Anything consumable or porous should be thrown away.
  • What is the difference between disinfecting and sanitizing services?
    Disinfectant products kill all organisms within ten minutes, using a strong solution to destroy germs rather than reduce them. Sanitizing is a chemical process that is used on surfaces to reduce germs and make the area safe for contact. Sanitizers destroy 99.999 percent of bacteria in 30 seconds. Both disinfecting and sanitizing are a step up from cleaning, which only removes visible dirt.

For around the clock support, call our AllPhase Restoration specialists at 216-600-0184!