Most home and business owners rely on a traditional water heater storage tank for hot water. While these systems are generally reliable, they can still fail and end up flooding your basement or laundry room. Water heater flooding can do a devastating amount of damage fast.
If your water heater floods your basement, our experts at AllPhase Restoration are standing by to help. Our friendly technicians have the skills, experience, and equipment to handle any form of flooding or water damage effectively.
We won't just remove the standing water, either. We follow a comprehensive water restoration process to fully dry all surfaces and bring humidity levels back to normal. If you have a water heater basement flood, we're the restoration company in Cleveland, OH, to call.
Did your water heater leak go undiscovered for some time? Make sure fungus doesn’t take over your basement with our mold removal and remediation services.
Causes of Water Heater Leaks
Water heaters can leak for a multitude of reasons. The most common causes of water heater leaks we see here in Cleveland include:
- Old or corroded tanks
- Loose inlet and outlet connections
- Faulty temperature and pressure release valve
- Overheating or excessive water pressure
We recommend keeping up with regular water heater maintenance to prevent these issues and more.
What To Do If Your Water Heater Is Leaking
Once you discover you have a water heater basement flood, it’s crucial to take action right away. Here are a few steps you can take to minimize damage.
- Step 1: Cut power to the area to prevent the risk of electrical shock.
- Step 2: Turn off the water supply.
- Step 3: Drain the water heater.
- Step 4: Open the pressure relief valve—exercise caution because the water may be very hot.
- Step 5: Locate and diagnose the leak.
- Step 6: Hire a professional for repairs or replacement.
As part of our water heater flood cleanup services, we also provide drywall repair and replacement services.
How To Prevent a Water Heater Flooding
Here are some tips to help you prevent your water heater from flooding your basement in the future:
- If your water heater is nearing or past its lifespan, consider a replacement.
- Check where the drain pain drains regularly and keep them free of debris.
- Drain and flush the tank annually.
- Pay attention to your appliance. Keep an eye out for leaks, strange odors, or weird sounds.
- Invest in regular system maintenance to keep your unit in optimal condition.
At AllPhase Restoration, we understand that basement flooding can happen at any time, which is why we proudly offer 24/7 emergency services anywhere in Cleveland. We even help with any insurance claims and communication with your insurance company. Get the fast, reliable services you need to get back to normal as quickly as possible.