Heavy rain and strong winds from storms can wreak havoc on your house. Fortunately, you can depend on AllPhase Restoration to get you back to normal quickly after a natural disaster. Call us to schedule an appointment in Columbus, OH if your home has suffered storm damage. Our experts will perform an immediate assessment and help clean and restore flooding and wrecked areas. We provide 24/7 services!
Burst pipes can quickly cause major damage to your house or building. Call us for burst pipe repair services in Columbus.
Why You Need a Professional To Handle Storm Damage
Heavy storms can cause major damage to your house, and create potentially dangerous situations like downed electricity poles and fallen trees. That’s why when a natural disaster occurs, you should never attempt to make repairs or clean up the damage yourself. You need a professional!
Experts will send an emergency response team to quickly and accurately assess and repair the damage to your home left by the storm. This includes checking the roof, overall structure, electrical system, and foundation. They will also look for any flooding or leaks.
When a storm damages your property, call AllPhase Restoration to schedule an appointment in the Columbus area.
Do’s and Don’t When Storm Damage Occurs
It can be overwhelming when a storm damages your house. However, to limit the amount of damage and keep your family safe, it’s important to follow the right steps. Take a look at some do’s and don’ts when your property suffers storm damage:
Storm Damage Do’s
- Call Allphase Restoration for immediate help, and to mitigate any further damages.
- Drive only if necessary. Debris and floodwaters may be covering roads, making them impassable.
- Enter your home with extreme caution. Beware of falling objects or damaged roofs and walls.
- Use flashlights for light. Do not use matches, torches, candles, or other open flames.
- Check gas, water, and electrical lines for damage. Check appliances as well.
- Flush plumbing fixtures with water, if your home was flooded. Have health authorities inspect your sanitary disposal system.
- Take pictures of all damage before starting cleanup or repairs for insurance purposes.
- Remove shutters or plywood, and open windows and doors, to ventilate or dry your home if necessary.
- Wear protective clothing while cleaning up debris. Wear rubber gloves while scrubbing flood-damaged interiors and furniture.
- Stay on firm ground. Moving water only 6 inches deep can sweep you off your feet. Standing water may also be electrically charged from downed power lines.
- Beware of insects and other animals that have been driven to higher ground by floodwaters.
Storm Damage Don’ts
- Don’t drink or prepare food with tap water until you are certain it is not contaminated.
- Don’t eat food that came into contact with floodwaters.
- Don’t ever connect portable generators to your house. Use them only to run necessary appliances. Keep them outside when in use; the exhaust can be deadly in enclosed areas.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Keep your house and building healthy and safe with virus disinfection services. Contact us to schedule an appointment!
Types of Storm Restoration Services
A lot of work needs to be done when a storm wreaks havoc on your property. When you call the experts to repair and restore your home or building, you can expect them to perform some or all of the following services:
- 24-hour emergency response services
- Emergency board-up services to secure the property against further damage
- Temporary power setup
- Water extraction and cleanup
- Complete structural drying and cleaning
- Debris removal
- Damage assessments and estimates
- Contents assessment, restoration, and inventory
- Structural cleaning and deodorization
- Complete odor removal
- Repairing structural damage
- Estimating the cost to repair or renew items of personal property
- Packing, transporting, and storage of household items
- Securing appropriate cleaning or repair subcontractors
- Storing repaired items until needed
- Direct interaction with your insurance company and help with the claims process